Welcome to the vibrant world of KED Interiors, the Design Team behind our boutique, KED at Home.
We take pride in our culture of collaboration, led by a dynamic team of talented designers who are not just colleagues but a close-knit family. At KED, the focus is always on our clients, ensuring their dreams come to life in every project we undertake. Picture a fast-paced atmosphere filled with positive energy, where each day is an opportunity to embark on unique and creative projects. We empower everyone on the team to be leaders, shaping projects from inception to completion. If you love all things design; you’ll appreciate our industry & community involvement, from participating in ongoing education to attending industry events both here in Chicago, nationwide, and in our local home in Barrington.
800 S. Northwest Hwy
As a Lead Interior Designer, you will have the opportunity to work on a range of high-end interior design projects from conceptualization to development through installation. You will lead with all aspects of the project including design management, junior team management, and client engagement.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or related
- Min. of 6 years of experience in an Interior Design firm or related field (8+ years preferred)
- Proficient in CAD (AutoCAD)
- Positive team player with great communication skills
- Proactive self-starter with ability to think through large scale projects.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at once
- Willingness to try new things, think outside of the box and problem solve.
- Strong design style that aligns with the KED design team
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience in Studio Designer, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Passion for interior design
- Lead interior design projects from initial client contact through final installation.
- Create schematic design concepts.
- Prepare presentations, including slides/deck, samples and drawings.
- Design space plans and architectural detail drawings
- Maintain communication and collaborate with Clients, Contractors, and Vendors
- Design custom furniture, cabinetry, and more to achieve function and design goals
- Specify and Source Furniture and Fixtures
- Gather product specifications, samples, and pricing, Project documentation (i.e.. Product schedules, timelines, & construction documents.)
- Project manage through final punch lists and installation.
- Maintain client files
- Design Window Treatments and specify fabrics, hardware, and trim.
- Accessorize rooms and style rooms for clients.
- Travel to projects within 2 hours of our office as well as long distance projects (typically one project a year)
- Assist Marketing Lead with Instagram stories & posts of your projects..
- Attend industry events, keep current on latest products and trends, and be inspired by the unexpected
Commitment: Full-Time Hours: Monday- Friday 9-5
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive Salary (based on experience) and quarterly Bonuses based on company performance. Benefits package:401K, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, PTO, Paid holidays, team events/gatherings, and more.
TO APPLY: Send Resume, Portfolio, and salary requirements to Maureen.firstname.lastname@example.org ask for Maureen Fingerman